I run for my health, I run for my family. I run for the wind in my face, the cold air in my lungs and the fiery burn in my legs. I run for friends and family that have passed and will never feel that sense of accomplishment again. I run for the paralyzed and amputees that would give up everything to use my legs for one last run. I run for the sick and weak who pray for enough strength to get out of bed everyday. I run because I never know when it will be my last.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Week #2 Recap

Weekly Mileage: 22.26

Monday was an easy Ab Workout I definitely need to do this more often

Tuesday started with an early morning 4:15am 4 Mile Tempo Run 1/2/1 below are my splits from this week compared with my splits from last week. I can't believe how similar they were.

Week#1              Week #2

8:48                    8:42
6:55                    6:55
7:20                    7:24
8:03                    8:05

Wednesday I was supposed to get up early to do a circuit training workout, it didn't happen! Honestly I was just lazy. That 2nd day in a row of getting up around 4 AM during the week is always the hardest.

Thursday was an early morning 4:00am 5 Mile Relaxed Run, felt good I used the zone 2 cardio training so it was slow but felt o.k. average pace 8:57

Friday- Rest Day

Saturday- Had a 2 hour long run scheduled, weather was great and it felt good the last mile or so my left ankle started to act up again but nothing major. Using the zone 2 training makes me run a lot slower than I am used to but this week was easier. I think the difference was no morning coffee before the run. I made it just over 13 miles and my average pace was 9:28

Sunday- Rest Day

1 comment: