I run for my health, I run for my family. I run for the wind in my face, the cold air in my lungs and the fiery burn in my legs. I run for friends and family that have passed and will never feel that sense of accomplishment again. I run for the paralyzed and amputees that would give up everything to use my legs for one last run. I run for the sick and weak who pray for enough strength to get out of bed everyday. I run because I never know when it will be my last.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Week #1 Recap

Weekly Mileage: 18.91

Monday this week started with a rest day  (enjoyed the Holiday and let my feet rest after the 12 mile trail run the previous Saturday)

Tuesday was my first official training day I headed out before work at 4:30am for a 4 mile Tempo Run  It felt great I did a 1/2/1 ratio and my splits were 8:48/6:55/7:20/8:03 pretty happy with those numbers but I know there is a lot of room for improvement as well. The only negative is my left ankle and foot became very sore that morning once I got to work. I am not sure if I pulled something or aggravated something I did on Saturday running on the trail.

Wednesday was supposed to be a circuit training day (P90X Cardio) I decided to skip it with the foot still feeling pretty sore and tender.

Thursday was a early morning 4:15am relaxed run for 5 miles before work. I felt "good enough" to give the foot and ankle a go. I felt some soreness about a mile in but was able to push through without too much pain and finished with an average pace of 8:06. My foot was pretty sore again that morning at work but seemed to actually get better as the day went on. Not sure if this was actual healing or just seeing my friend and
co-worker Audri hobble around with her ankle wrapped up after a achilles injury made my inner child quit whining.

Friday Rest

Saturday had my first Long Run applying zone 2 heart rate training, it was very difficult to run that slow, I even had to walk up every hill or else my heart rate got to high. It is surprising how "fit" you can get without being that "healthy". Went 90 minutes for just under 10 miles (average pace 9:18) but it didn't feel that great no ankle issues, just felt like I wanted to run much faster and my muscles were getting tight from slogging around.

Sunday Rest

Weight Goal-I believe my weight is going to be a huge factor in me not only accomplishing the goal of finishing the race in October but also to make it through all the training miles without any debilitating injuries. So I am trying to lose about 5lbs a month over the next 4 months and then maintain about 150 lbs for a  month going into the race.

This month I started at 175 and finished up at 170.8 so a little short of my goal but I think I can make up the difference in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment