I run for my health, I run for my family. I run for the wind in my face, the cold air in my lungs and the fiery burn in my legs. I run for friends and family that have passed and will never feel that sense of accomplishment again. I run for the paralyzed and amputees that would give up everything to use my legs for one last run. I run for the sick and weak who pray for enough strength to get out of bed everyday. I run because I never know when it will be my last.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Week #8 Recap (Light Week)

Weekly Mileage: 22.06

Monday Rest Day

Tuesday Rest Day

Wednesday was an early morning run in Zone 2 and it felt pretty average. I got in 5.7 miles at an average pace of 8:57

Thursday was my first Tempo Run in 5 weeks so I was excited to see if their was any progression. I was happy with the results, below are the splits from week 3 compared to this week.

Week #3          Week #8
9:01                         8:23
6:52                        6:31
7:50                        7:11
8:31                        8:34

Friday I was supposed to do another 5/6 miler in Zone 2 but felt I really needed the extra sleep and rest. I was disappointed as this is the first workout I have missed in 8 weeks but felt like I needed to listen to my body and take the extra rest especially on my light week.

Saturday Rest Day

Sunday was my long run day it was supposed to be 2 hours. I took off early in the morning and the weather was great but I never could get a good rhythm going. I didn't feel sore, tired or tight but for some reason my form felt off and I never got into a flow that felt easy. I finished with just over 12 miles at an average pace of 9:13 but in the very last stretch I felt a very sharp pain in my lower right leg (the type of pain that makes you curse out loud) I was still able to run on it but all day it has been lingering and when I step a specific way the sharp stab comes back.

I will take some ibuprofen tonight and do some stretches to see if I can't get it to work itself out before my run on Tuesday. I have been pretty lucky up to this point as far as injuries but I have some serious mileage coming up over the next 3 weeks and can't afford to not be able to run on it. Fingers crossed and prayers sent!

No comments:

Post a Comment