I run for my health, I run for my family. I run for the wind in my face, the cold air in my lungs and the fiery burn in my legs. I run for friends and family that have passed and will never feel that sense of accomplishment again. I run for the paralyzed and amputees that would give up everything to use my legs for one last run. I run for the sick and weak who pray for enough strength to get out of bed everyday. I run because I never know when it will be my last.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Week #17 Recap (Warning! It's Boring)

Weekly Mileage: 4.16

Monday Sick

Tuesday Sick

Wednesday Sick

Thursday Sick (Got antibiotics for Sinus Infection)

Friday Sick

Saturday Sick

Sunday I was still not feeling well but I told myself I had to run by Sunday no matter how I felt, basically I am running out of time to finish up my training (including my two last big mileage weekends) and a decent taper before the race. The weather was rainy, windy and muggy and my head still felt like a huge balloon plus my sinuses were somehow plugged and runny at the same time. I got just over 4 miles in at around an 8:25 pace per mile and it took everything I had.

Somehow during my 10 days off from running because of the sickness (the longest break I have had in about 10 months) I have developed an injury. My left leg around the back of my knee and on my upper calf has become very sore during my time off, the best way to describe it is like my ligaments surrounding my knee are fatigued. Not sure how taking time off could cause this issue but when I ran I felt it being very sensitive and am very nervous about putting it to the test next Saturday with a 35 mile training run.

There has been allot of ups and downs during this training (especially lately) and I am definitely at the bottom of another hill looking up (when you feel wiped out running 4 miles running 50 feels so daunting). They say "life imitates art" and I think "training imitates the race" so I have to assume that my training is preparing me for the challenge ahead not just physically but mentally.


No comments:

Post a Comment