I run for my health, I run for my family. I run for the wind in my face, the cold air in my lungs and the fiery burn in my legs. I run for friends and family that have passed and will never feel that sense of accomplishment again. I run for the paralyzed and amputees that would give up everything to use my legs for one last run. I run for the sick and weak who pray for enough strength to get out of bed everyday. I run because I never know when it will be my last.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Week #18 (Back at it)

Weekly Mileage: 22.67

Monday I ran 5.14 miles at a 8:46 pace, I had wanted to go a little further but it was early morning and the weather was off and on monsoon style rain. I was wearing a tank top and decided to cut it a bit short as I was still trying to recover from last weeks sinus infection. This was actually the first day I started to feel better after about 10 days of sickness.

Tuesday Rest Day

Wednesday Rest Day

Thursday I ran again in the morning and only had time to get in 4.06 miles at a 8:23 pace. I am still feeling pretty weak and nervous about some pain I am having in my left knee I figured Saturday's long run would be a good test and let me know how my knee will hold up and how my fitness felt

Friday Rest Day

Saturday I woke up early to hear the rain absolutely pouring down in buckets, I was not looking forward to spending the next couple of hours running in that weather. I finally decided to hit the gym and run on the treadmill, for how much I despise running on the treadmill I figured this would be a nice break from the rain and a more comfortable way to get the miles in.

That thought process lasted less than an hour before I packed up my stuff through on my jacket and hit the road to fight through the rain and the wind. The weather was pretty brutal but compared to the treadmill I felt like I was in paradise. I ended up getting 13.5 miles in the longest I have ran in 3 weeks and overall it felt pretty good. I still feel pretty weak and need to get mentally stronger early on in my long runs but my knee gave me very little issues and I felt recovered by the next day.

This next week will be a big mileage week (my last of 2) hopefully I can start to feel strong again and feel ready for the race on October 26th.

Sunday Rest Day


No comments:

Post a Comment