I run for my health, I run for my family. I run for the wind in my face, the cold air in my lungs and the fiery burn in my legs. I run for friends and family that have passed and will never feel that sense of accomplishment again. I run for the paralyzed and amputees that would give up everything to use my legs for one last run. I run for the sick and weak who pray for enough strength to get out of bed everyday. I run because I never know when it will be my last.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Week #16 Recap

Weekly Mileage: 9.97

Monday Rest Day

Tuesday Rest Day

Wednesday I got out there early and ran 5.60 miles at an average pace of 9:23. It is getting darker and darker each morning at 4:30 making it more difficult to see. I took it easy on my pace since the visibility was low also my muscles weren't very sore but felt heavy and tired for sure.

Thursday I got up early again and put in 4.37 miles at an average pace of 9:09 the run felt better than the day before as my muscles were one day further from the 32 miler last Sunday and a little stretched out from Wednesday's run. I was feeling extremely tired though, I went to bed early that night but can't seem to get enough sleep I also feel like I may be fighting off a cold or something.

Friday I was supposed to get up early for a circuit training workout but I opted for some extra sleep as the day went on I kept feeling the cold coming on and then going away but each time it came back it was a little stronger. By that night there was no denying it, a full blown cold had developed I was glad I had Saturday planned as a Rest Day and figured I would be o.k. to run on Sunday.

Saturday I was wrong! I woke up feeling pretty horrible and it did not get any better during the day

Sunday I hoped I would be on the other side of the mountain but it only got worse since Saturday. It has turned in to a cold/flu hybrid and I am really frustrated with myself for not eating better over the last week because I think I could have avoided catching this bug if I had. At this point I have to just play it by ear as I have a 35 mile run planned for next Saturday, we'll see how things progress and hopefully I will be ready to take on that challenge by next Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment